Thursday 9 May 2013

Finding Home by Ali Spooner



When pioneer Nat St Croix’s father is killed by a bear while they are out trapping along the Canadian border, Nat is in a turmoil. What should she do? The war is raging between the north and the south, so Nat decides to carry on with the plans they had already made. Nat and her animals are going to spend the winter in the small north west town they usually went to.

On Nat’s arrival in town, she checks into the hotel. She decides to eat in the dining room. It’s here that Nat’s life is turned upside down. But will she find her home?

Another excellent heartfelt story from one of my favorite authors. This book is a romance written in the historical time of the American civil war. One of my favorite periods in history.

All the characters are well developed and multidimensional. Gyp the dog plays a main part and is equally as loveable as his mistress, Nat.

The story is all about choices. But I had to question myself as to whether we actually have a choice when we meet our soul mate. Nat has to make a choice, the big outdoors or love. What will she choose?

As with previous Ali Spooner books I’ve read, I couldn’t put this down. It’s a page turner from the first page through to the last page. I love her easy to read, comfortable style of writing. There are a few typos, but nothing that pulled me out of the story, far from it. For the very reasonable price and the pleasure I got from this book, I can overlook those.

I have all of Ali’s works and I haven’t read them all yet. But believe me when I say, this is going to be a great pleasure.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment