Wednesday 18 April 2012

She Left Me Breathless by Trin Denise



Millionaire, Sydney Welsh, has a life most of us can only dream about. She has everything money can buy. Her businesses make money faster than she can spend it. But.................she doesn’t have the one thing she truly desires. The woman she loves and lost. In fact, Sydney’s personal life is a shambles.

When Sydney returns home early from a business trip and finds her lover of ten years in bed with a woman from her company, Sydney decides it’s time to make some changes in her life.

Sydney knows she’s only ever loved one woman, Rachel. Unfortunately Sydney was dumped by Rachel thirteen years earlier. Not for another woman or even a man, but for God and the catholic church. Sydney just couldn’t compete.

Sydney sets out with an elaborate plan in mind to entice Rachel back in to her life. Part of Sydney’s plan is hiring Caitlyn, Rachel’s computer whizz kid daughter.

But plans are apt to go awry and Sydney has no way of knowing that she is putting both Rachel and Caitlyn’s lives in danger. When Caitlyn discovers an embezzler within the company, Sydney’s plans begin to fall apart. Will Rachel and Caitlyn escape with their lives?

It’s not long before Sydney realizes she’s never stopped loving Rachel. How will this fit in with her plans?

I loved Trin’s first book, Worth Dying For, I didn’t think her writing could possibly get any better. How wrong I was. I simply couldn’t put this book down from the start to the finish. What a page turner. I admit I was a little bit apprehensive when I read the synopsis. Not being religious, I wondered how much of the book would be devoted to religion. The answer is very little, although religion was the reason for Rachel and Sydney’s break up.

The story covers so much, a love lost and found, kidnapping, abuse, embezzlement, murder and at the very heart of the book is romance, a smoking hot romance.

The story is told with a terrific sense of ‘laugh out loud’ humor throughout. I was kept constantly guessing as to the identity of the embezzler. I did have my own ideas, I was wrong though and very surprised when the embezzler’s identity was revealed. I love books that keep me guessing.

This book is simply amazing.

I love the characters and the way they seamlessly interact together with each other. The story is fast paced and kept me on the edge of my seat.

Trin Denise has the ability to allow the reader to view the scenes as they unfold. It’s like being a part of the story while watching from the side lines. Very cleverly written.

I see that Trin is working on another book due out later on this year, it can’t be published soon enough for me. This is another definite re-read.

Trin is, in my opinion, going to become a big name in lesbian fiction. Her writing and story telling are superb. Each year I seem to discover a new jewel in the crown of lesbian fiction, this year it’s Trin.

No comments:

Post a Comment