Sunday 1 September 2013

Long Snows Moon by Stacey Darlington


Socialite, Devon Danforth’s sham of a marriage to Trevor is finally over. Devon and her wolf/husky hybrid, Long Snows Moon, take a road trip up to the family cabin. When Long Snows Moon is thrown from Devon’s car window into the forest, Devon has to go searching for her in the haunted woods.

 Devon in her drunken state meets Jameson Jordan, a native American girl she’d met as a teenager. Devon finds her true identity through her sexual awakening. She also discovers her animal nature and her family ancestry.

I wasn’t quite sure what to expect when I read the synopsis of this book. But, this story is without a doubt one of the best I’ve read in it’s genre. The story itself is well written, although a little hard to follow at times through the past and the present.

I love the way Stacey Darlington has brought the well formed, multidimensional, characters to life. The main character is Long Snows Moon, a totally adorable speaking hybrid dog. The whole book is based on the unique spirituality between the animals and humans. The message that came across to me loud and clear is that we are all the same, whether human or animal, all one together, all our lives are interconnected.

This is more than just another fantasy book. If you enjoy reading about Native American’s, like animals, want a love story between two women all combined with a bit of angst and a lot of fun, give this a try, I certainly wasn’t disappointed.

Although this tale is fiction, I found myself wanting it to be true. The beautiful vivid scenic settings allowed me to reside amongst the characters, living with them rather just reading and looking in.

I’ll definitely be looking out for more books from this author in the future.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment