Thursday 1 November 2012

Something So Grand by Lynn Galli


Vivian Yeats is a highly successful designer, in Aspen. Her clients are almost all rich and some are famous. She’s been hoping against hope that she will find someone to love for a long time. Her career takes up most of her time though. Is Vivian destined to be alone for ever?

Natalie Harper works hard and long hours in her construction job. She’s not in a relationship and hasn’t really been looking for one. That is, until she meets Vivian. Natalie is smitten by her. But she won’t do anything to jeopardize their working relationship. Vivian and Natalie become really good friends. Each harboring the desire for the other. What will it take to bring them both together romantically?

Quite simply put, I love Lynn Galli’s writing and I love this book.

As with the rest of Lynn’s books, I found the characters here multidimensional, lovable and so easy to get to know. The scenery is so well described, I could lose myself in the story completely.

It was lovely to see friends from Mending Defects, including Vivian. Although this book is a standalone, I would strongly advise reading Mending Defects first. It’s always nice to meet the characters from the beginning, but not essential.

This book is a bit on the short side, but there is a lot packed in to it. Family issues, relationships, business problems, all written in a seamless dialogue. Last but by no means least, there is a slow burning romance that radiates love from the pages.

If you want a nicely written page turning romance to curl up with on a cold winter night, or even a beach read, give this one a try. The only complaint I have with this book, is...... I wanted more, much, much more. But, I guess I’m going to have to wait and hope there will be a third book in the ‘Aspen’ series. Bring it on!


No comments:

Post a Comment