Sunday 2 February 2014

Absolution by S. Anne Gardner


Cristina Uraca Alacala has been searching for the truth about her past for most of her life. She keeps hitting a brick wall whichever way she turns. Her grandmother is determined the truth will remain buried. Unfortunately, this means Cristina’s world is filled with deceptions and lies.

Wealthy socialite, Annais Francesca D’Autremond, (Francesca) comes into Cristina’s life like a whirlwind and plays a big part in Cristina’s quest for answers.

Cristina and Francesca find themselves deeply attracted to one another and begin a tumultuous affair. As the truth begins to emerge and their passion is burning brightly, the truth is surpassed. It’s possible that Cristina’s search for the truth and with past and present passions inflamed, they may both be crushed in the turmoil that ensues.

This is a story that I couldn’t put down. Right from the first page through to the last page I was hooked right in. There are so many twists and turns, secrets, lies and deceptions, the book is a veritable hot bed of emotions. The book is fairly short, so I didn’t have to wait too long for the dramatic, climatic ending. I have to say though, although I enjoyed the book all the way through, the ending didn’t sit well with me. I’ve no intentions of putting in any spoilers or putting anyone off of buying this book. You would have to read it yourself and form your own opinion. I’ll just say, that I’m pleased I read the story.

The book is well written, Cristina and Francesca are characters that I won’t be forgetting. I finished the book a few days ago, but the story is still going round in my head. I will definitely re-read this one as I’m sure I’ll get more from it the second time round.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment