Sunday 8 December 2013

Mistletoe by Lyn Gardner


When Diana Clarke was four years old, she sent a letter to Santa. Unfortunately it remained undiscovered in the lining of Santa’s sack for thirty years. Santa has a huge problem. Well, two really. First a child’s wish has never been not answered. Second, Diana isn’t a child any longer and there is nothing in the workshop suitable. Santa is at a loss as to know what to do. After all, Santa is for kids..........Right? Santa calls upon his boss, the Higher Power. He is given a suggestion. There is one possibility.

Santa knows Diana will be attending three Christmas parties. So he arranges for his head Elf, Percy Giggly-Legs, to deliver a sprig of mistletoe to each party. Hopefully Diana will find the present she asked for thirty years previously under one of them.

A lovely, hilarious, delightful, well written tale of romance for adults at Christmas. Even though we know Santa only existed in a fantasy world, this fantasy story brought back all the feel good emotions and anticipation I associated with being a child at Christmas.

The characters are all cute and multidimensional. Whether or not you believe in love at first sight, this story is a little treasure. To be read each year as my build up to Christmas.

This is the second time I’ve read this book and it gets better each time. I read it after Christmas earlier on in the year and knew I’d read it again, so saved my review for now.

If you only buy one Christmas fantasy romance, I’d recommend this one. I love it.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment